Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange

Summary:
The story starts right after the original Jane Austen "Pride and Prejudice" ends, Darcy and Elizabeth finally wed. But as soon as the newlyweds are wisked off on their honeymoon, Darcy seems to be unhappy and distracted by something. This something eats away at Elizabeth until she can solve the mystery, which is finally reveled to her, but not without a price. Darcy will have to trust his love for Elizabeth to have a chance at mortality.

Opinion:
I was really excited to read this novel, as it's title refers to two of my favorite subjects when reading Mr. Darcy & Vampires. But to sum it up I was not impressed! This could only be a response to my dislike of sensitive vampires, and Mr. Darcy, Vampyre is by far the most sensitive vampire I have ever had the pleasure to read about. Mr. Darcy as the Jane Austen character is already a very reserved and quite character. Now those two traits are only intensified in "Mr. Darcy, Vampyre" because he needs to hide his innate beastly side from Elizabeth! This fact alone drove me mad as Elizabeth tried and FINALLY figured out that her husband was a vampire. I guessed the whole plot line by the time I was done with the first 25 pages, obviously we know Mr. Darcy is a vampire by the title, so why didn't Grange unclothe the mystery and elaborated on how Darcy came to be what he is and what does this mean for the newlyweds. There was no mystery behind the story as much as Grange focused on Mr. Darcy's secret throughout the book, as readers we already know. The whole time I am thinking "What is going to happen to their relationship and how did Darcy become a Vampire?". Like many of the books I have been reading the real action doesn't seem to start until the last 50 pages, where Darcy tests his love to become a mortal once again. If there is to be a sequel it will not have the fortnate place on my hold list at the library.      

I checked this book out at the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment